Do you want to know how to submit final grades to the Mycsulb faculty center? If yes, then this article will be beneficial for you. Here, in this article, we will provide you a detailed guide on the submission of final grades in mycsulb.
About Csulb (California State University Long Beach)
California State University, Long Beach is a public university in Long Beach, California. It is also known as CSULB, Long Beach State, Cal State Long Beach, LBSU, or The Beach.
Csulb is the third-largest university of the 23-school California State University system (CSU), which has a 322-acre campus. It has enrolled 39,359 students, with 5,440 graduate students as of the fall 2020 semester. That is the significant number, which made it one of the largest universities in the state of California by enrollment.
Step by Step Guide to Submit Final Grades in Mycsulb Faculty Center
First, you’ll need to log in to your MyCSULB Faculty Center. Check that your Teaching Schedule is set to the correct term. If you need to change the term, select the Change Term link.
Then follow the below steps:
- Choose the class to grade by selecting the grade roster icon. Your grade roster will appear. Check that the Grade Roster Type is “Final Grades.”
- If “Mid-Term Progress” is selected, you’ll need to switch to “Final Grades” from the dropdown menu.
- Now, you have to click on the “Import Grades” button to set up your final grades in BeachBoard for using the “Import Grades” feature in your mycsulb account. Otherwise, you’ll need to choose final grades in the roster below.
- Select a final grade for each student in the dropdown menu in the Roster Grade column.
- If you are grading a large class, it is recommended that you select the Save button frequently to avoid losing your work.
- If you assign the same final grade to several students, check the box next to each of those student’s names.
- Once you have selected all of those students, you can choose a grade from the dropdown menu below your roster and select the “Add this grade to the selected students” button.
- There are some particular grading circumstances to keep in mind, including Withdrawals and Incompletes. Students who have officially withdrawn will have a W or WE grade already assigned.
- However, if a student stopped participating in your class but did not officially withdraw, you will be able to assign an Unauthorized Withdrawal — or “WU” — grade.
- When you select “WU,” a new field will appear for you to enter the date the student last attended. Another circumstance is Incomplete.
- Students who are unable to complete all of the assigned work but they have completed at least 66% of the class requirements. And they have unforeseen but fully justified reasons for not completing the classwork may be eligible to receive an Incomplete — or “I” — grade.
- If you assign an Incomplete grade to a student, you will need to complete an Incomplete Contract.
- Select the “I” grade in the dropdown menu and select Save. A new link to Add the contract will appear in that row.
- You’ll need to create a contract to submit your final grades for your class. For more information about Incompletes, please go to the Enrollment Services Webpage. Once you are finished assigning all the grades for your class, select the Save button again.
- A popup window will appear to notify you that further action is required. Select OK. In the Approval Status dropdown menu, select “Approved.” Select Save again.
- Then, a popup window will appear, confirming that you have successfully submitted your grades.
Grades will be posted the next business day between 8 am, and 9 am. For more information about final grades, please go to the Mycsulb Enrollment Services Webpage. The Faculty Center Teaching Schedule webpage provides instructions for entering final grades, creating incomplete contracts, or submitting the change of grade requests.
Additionally, the Understanding Grades and Grading webpage provides details about final grade policies and procedures.