Congratulations to all the California State University, Long Beach students on their acceptance and decision to attend CSULB. When you register yourself for the classes, you have to do some tasks. You can check the to-do list on the mycsulb student center. If you have not already done so, please submit your $150 enrollment deposit. The next step is to sign up for and attend a SOAR workshop.
What is CSULB SOAR Workshop?
SOAR is a comprehensive orientation program intended to ensure your smooth transition to California State University, Long Beach. It is a mandatory workshop that helps new students and transfer students transition to CSULB. So, all the CSULB undergraduate students have to attend the SOAR workshop before enrollment for the class.
How to Sign UP for SOAR Workshop?
To attend the SOAR orientation program, first, you have to register for it. Following is the process of registration:
- To sign up for a workshop, please log in to your MyCSULB account.
- Click on the register for SOAR link, and follow the instructions provided.
- Please be advised that you have to pay a one-time non-refundable workshop fee before attending your desired workshop.
Preparing for CSULB SOAR Workshop
To help you prepare for your SOAR workshop, we have put together this brief overview to help you better understand what you should bring and expect at SOAR.
- On the day of your workshop, check-in will begin on the first floor of Brotman Hall.
- The workshop begins at 8 am sharp and ends approximately at 5 pm. Late arrivals will have to reschedule for another workshop, so be on time.
What Information will you need to bring with you on SOAR Orientation?
To better assist you on your SOAR workshop date, it will be in your best interest to bring the following items with you:
- All correspondences you have received regarding your SOAR workshop date you have to bring with you.
- Specifically, your confirmation mailer contains your campus ID number, declared major, and SOAR workshop one-day parking permit.
- Don’t forget to park in the indicated student lots and place the provided SOAR parking permit on your dashboard.
- During your SOAR workshop, you can expect a 45 minute to an hour walking tour of the campus.
- With this in mind, please wear appropriate clothes and comfortable shoes.
- Transfer students should also bring an unofficial copy of all college transcripts. Newcomers should get copies of any test results.
- These include Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), SAT, ACT, and EPT and ELM test scores. These documents will help SOAR advisors better assist you with appropriate class selections.
- If you have any questions regarding changing your major, please contact Enrollment Services before attending your SOAR workshop by calling (562) 985-5471.
If you have any questions about the SOAR workshop or need any additional help, please contact SOAR by calling (562) 985-5515, then press “0” to speak with a representative or by e-mail [email protected]. SOAR is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
Get More CSULB Related Guide
Leave a Reply